RUSHMORE CHAPTER OF AAHAM
Welcome to the Rushmore Chapter of AAHAM! The Rushmore Chapter membership represents the Revenue Cycle staff and management for all of the South Dakota hospitals and clinics. The healthcare industry is consistently changing and we want to be an advocate for the industry and ensure that our membership is kept up to date on industry changes. Every year our Chapter hosts two (day and a half) meetings in May and October.
As Chapter President, one of the honors that I have is being able to serve on the Certification Committee on the CRCS committee. This committee is tasked with ensuring that the CRCS and CCT examinations are up to date and that National AAHAM is offering a quality testing program for the Specialist Examination.
This year National President, John Currier has challenged all Presidents to “RAISE THE LEVEL”, so as Rushmore Chapter President:
- I would challenge you to consider becoming a National AAHAM Member (the benefits are great….just ask)
- I would challenge you to consider becoming a Certified Member of AAHAM
- I have accepted the challenge and will be taking the CRCE. They say if you share your goals you are more likely to stick to them because you have people to hold you accountable.
- I challenge you to use the Rushmore Chapter of AAHAM group and make connections. AAHAM is a perfect place for networking and making connections. I have been fortunate enough to not only make life-long friends within our local chapter but also nationally. The friendships that I have made through AAHAM have been amazing and I wouldn’t trade them for the world.
- I also challenge you to…educate yourself. Use the AAHAM organization to make sure that you use the resources and tools given to us in conferences, seminars, and through the list-serve to educate yourself and your co-workers.
Again, I am excited to be the President of this amazing organization and I can’t wait to see where we can go from here! Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions regarding AAHAM or one of the many benefits AAHAM offers.
Heather Bode, MHA, CRCS-I
Faulkton Area Medical Center
AAHAM announced a new mid-level certification at the 2014 Annual National Institute (ANI) in San Diego, CA, the Certified Revenue Integrity Professional (CRIP). This certification is intended for individuals in the revenue cycle to help ensure that facilities effectively manage their facilities cchargemaster and bill and document appropriately for all services rendered to a patient. This certification requires an in-depth, working knowledge of various revenue cycle areas and proper skill sets needed to increase revenue and reimbursement for facilities. It also ensures that proper charging takes place to maintain compliance with the insurance payer programs. With the addition of this new certification, AAHAM now offers a complete career ladder, beginning with the CRCS and culminating with the CRCE.
AAHAM’s mission is to provide education, certification, networking, and advocacy for healthcare revenue cycle professionals.