AAHAM National Overview
Who We Are
- The American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management (AAHAM) is the premier professional organization in healthcare administrative management. Your one-stop resource center for information, education and advocacy in the areas of reimbursement, admitting and registration, data management, medical records, patient relations and so much more.
- AAHAM was founded in 1968 as the American Guild of Patient Account Management. Initially formed to serve the interests of hospital patient account managers, AAHAM has evolved into a national membership association that represents a broad-based constituency of healthcare professionals.
- Professional development of its members is one of the primary goals of the association. Publications, conferences and seminars, benchmarking, professional certification and networking offer numerous opportunities for increasing the skills and knowledge that are necessary to function effectively in today’s health care environment.
- AAHAM actively represents the interests of healthcare administrative management professionals through a comprehensive program of legislative and regulatory monitoring and its participation in industry groups such as ANSI, DISA and NUBC. AAHAM is a major force in shaping the future of health care administrative management.
- The association’s Board of Directors is made up of the presidents of AAHAM’s local Chapters. The Officers are elected by the membership at large and serve two year terms. The only non elected national officer position is that of Chairman. That position is filled by departing national president. Committee Chairs are picked by the national president and serve at the discretion of the president.
- The National Office Staff is made up of full time professionals who strive to provide the national membership with the best services and benefits possible. The National Office is located just south of Washington, D.C. in Fairfax, Virginia.